Friday, March 26, 2010

The Pickax Dream

I actually had the dream three times. Once one night and then twice the next (the 21st of March I think). All it amounted to was a picture. A pickax, like the classical miner would have carried, with the pointed end completely embedded in newly tilled ground and the handle resting full length on the soil. The sort of narrow spade thingy opposite the pointed end is sticking straight up and there is a small piece of paper attached somehow to it. There is something "written" on the paper, and when I get close enough to try to read it, it is just a funny collection of a few curved lines and dots. The marking on the paper seems totally enigmatic to me in the dream, but I am reminded of arabic writing as I recall it later that day, because of the curvy lines below with dots above. I didn't have any idea what to make of it, although as I had the dream I immediately associated it with genealogy.

Part two of this funny little thing, is that while reading the wills today (the ones I received the day after the third dream), when I got down to the bottom of one of them where the "signatures" are and see his mark and notice the dots in it, I am reminded immediately (although these are very different) of the marks on the paper on the tip of the pick axe spade - just because there are some lines and some dots. So you can be sure that I will be on the lookout for a will, or other document that contains the mark I saw on the pick's spade.

No comments: